Research and knowledge
Research into the potential of cannabis opens up an increasingly rich range of applications, thanks to the variety of components present in the plant (more than 100). A great deal of effort is still needed, however, to further investigate each line of research, conduct and support clinical trials and gather evidence, and ensure that more and more people have access to appropriate information. In this regard, Enecta has initiated a series of collaborations with Italian research institutes, aimed at exploring the possible therapeutic horizons of cannabinoids. Enecta has also supported, in recent years, the dissemination and scientific debate on cannabis for medical use, sponsoring a series of conferences, through the project "Cannabeta". The project Cannabeta was created to promote correct information and knowledge
about Cannabis. Cannabeta proposes and disseminates studies and analyses on the therapeutic uses of
cannabis, its social, economic and environmental impact, and on the legal and regulatory aspects
. Cannabeta also offers targeted training to professionals interested in
deepening their knowledge and understanding of cannabis.
Commitment and Knowledge
The therapeutic horizons of cannabinoids are largely still to be explored. Therefore Enecta supports the efforts of researchers and the dissemination and scientific comparison of cannabis for medical use.
Enecta supports the commitment of researchers
Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna, Department of Agricultural Sciences and Technologies
- Collaboration for analytical study on the characterization of the active ingredients Cannabinoids in Cannabis and paper writing: Cardenia V., Gallina Toschi T. et al.., Development and validation of a Fast gas chromatography/mass spectrometry method for the determination of cannabinoids in Cannabis sativa L, Journal of Food and Drug Analysis (2018). https://www.jfda-online.com/article/S1021-9498(18)30106-6/fulltext
- Supervision and funding of scholarships as part of the PhD course in Agricultural, Environmental and Food Science and Technology "Harmonized methods of analysis of cannabis for medical, phytotherapeutic, food and industrial use: development and validation of methods for the quality control of plant raw materials and development of extraction and preparation techniques of derivatives, according to product destination".
Mara Mandrioli, Matilde Tura, Stefano Scotti, Tullia Gallina Toschi, Fast Detection of 10 Cannabinoids by RP-HPLC-UV Method in Cannabis sativa L., Molecules 2019, 24 (11), 2113.
Tullia Gallina Toschi, Matilde Tura et al.., Study of oxidative stability of cold-pressed hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) seed oil, MEDICAL CANNABIS AND CANNABINOIDS, Journal of the CannX 4th International Medical Cannabis Conference. Telaviv, Israel September 9-10, 2019.
Matilde Tura, Mara Mandrioli and Tullia Gallina Toschi, Preliminary Study: Comparison of Antioxidant Activity of Cannabidiol (CBD) and α-Tocopherol Added to Refined Olive and Sunflower Oils, Molecules, 2019, 24(19), 3485.
University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Department of Experimental Medicine
2018 – 2019
Collaboration and funding of research activities "Study and analysis of possible molecular, behavioral and/or sensory changes associated with a head trauma condition in a murine model of mild TBI and the possible pharmacological effect of formulations. Writing the paper: Carmela Belardo, Livio Luongo et al.., Oral Cannabidiol prevents chronic pain and neurological dysfunctions in a mouse model of mild traumatic brain injury, Front. Pharmacol.(2019).
University of Studies of Genoa, Department of Neuroscience, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, genetics and sciences maternal-children (DYNOGS)
2018 – 2019
Donation for research "Predictors of clinical response and cannabidiol adverse events in drug-resistant paediatric epilepsies".
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Health Products - University of Camerino
Collaboration and funding of research activities "Role of CBD in endometrial cancer; pre-clinical experimentation for the development of new formulations and potential developments of in vivo studies".
Enecta supports the dissemination and scientific comparison of cannabis for medical use.
Medical cannabis updates
11 November 2017, Rovigo
- Giovanni Appendino, Full Professor of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Eastern Piedmont
- Giampaolo Grassi, First Researcher, CREA-CIN
- Alberto Ritieni, Full Professor of Food Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy, University of Naples Federico II
Medcannabis Science Conference, Balkannabis
1 June 2018, Athens
- Ethan Russo, Director of Research and Development, Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute (ICCI)
- Tanja Bagar, CEO and Chairman of the Expert Council, International Institute of Cannabinoids ICANNA
- Pavel Pachta, Expert in International Drug Regulation
- Pasquale Striano, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Neuroscience, Rehabilitation, Ophthalmology, Genetics and Maternal and Child Science (DINOGMI), University of Genoa - Istituto G. Gaslini
- Livio Luongo, researcher, University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli
- Vittorio Andrea Guardamagna, Director of Palliative Care and Pain Therapy, European Institute of Oncology - IEO
Medical and industrial cannabis. Uses of the plant and prospects of an emerging supply chain
27 October 2018, Codigoro (Ferrara)
- Massimo Nabissi, Associate Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Health Products, University of Camerino
- Tullia Gallina Toschi, Full Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Bologna
- Laura Bardi, Research Director, CREA-IT
Promoted by the Hellenic Society of Anaesthesia and the Hellenic Society of Algology, with the support of Enecta - Cannabeta, Medical Cannbis Talks
2 February 2019, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Athens
- Gioacchino Calapai, Full Professor, Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Messina
- Domenico Quattrone, UOSD Pain Therapy, Great Metropolitan Hospital "Bianchi - Melacrino - Morelli", Reggio Calabria
- Katerina Antoniou, Associate Professor, Pharmacology, University of Ioannina
XVIII National Congress of the Italian Union of Veterinary Societies, Master Class Oncology
15-17 February 2019, Mi.Co., Milan
- Vincenzo Rondelli, DVM, PhD, Head of the Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy Department of the Veterinary Institute of Novara, "The use of cannabinoids in veterinary medicine and future perspectives on their use".
New horizons in cannabis research: medical and food applications
3 May 2019, SS. Marcellin and Festo Complex - University of Naples "Federico II".
6 May 2019, "Sapienza" University of Rome
- Vincent of March, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, CNR Pozzuoli, Naples; Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et Pneumologie du Quèbec et Institut sur la Nutrition et les Aliments Fonctionnels, Université Laval, Quebec City, Canada.
- Mauro Maccarrone, Department of Medicine, Bio-Medical Campus, University of Rome,
- Cristina Sánchez García, Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Specialist seminar: Genetic epilepsies towards precision therapy
18 May 2019, Hotel NH Bologna De La Gare
- Roberta Cilio, Saint-Luc Clinic, Université catholique de Louvain
- Pasquale Striano, Department of Neuroscience, Rehabilitation, Ophthalmology, Genetics and Maternal and Child Science (DINOGMI), University of Genoa - Istituto G. Gaslini
2nd Nutraceutical Conference, Nutrition and Health. Focus: Treatment of pain with nutraceutical derived products.
4 - 5 October 2019, Rectorate of the University of Messina
- Angel A. Izzo, Full Professor, Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Naples "Federico II".
- Joachim Calapai, Full Professor, Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Messina.
If you have projects, ideas, want to share experiences, or give us suggestions on how to improve our impact on patients, communities, and the environment, contact us!